Welcome to Investment Management Solutions (IMS)
"Helping our clients make smart choices with their money"
Personal financial management is about maximising your cash flows and expenditure, to enable you to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle now, and during your retirement.
In 1999, Selwyn identified a desire to help people make smart choices with their money. The market was sales and commission driven, rather than client-centric as it is today, and highlighted the need for quality, fee-based advice. Our core belief “to do the right thing by our clients” is what drives everything we do.
Why Do Business with IMS?
We can help you with a range of investment services to achieve the best outcomes for your future.
How much should you be saving? How much can you save? How should you invest your savings? Do you need insurance, if so how much is right for you? Do you need a Will, Trust, or Power of Attorney?
IMS can add value in a market where financial rules, complex tax regulations and a wide choice of products has created a growing need for ongoing financial advice. We can help you set your personal financial goal posts and design a strategy to achieve your goals as well as answer all these questions and more.
Who Do Our Services Suit?
Someone looking for personalised financial solutions. Do you prefer a personalised approach to your relationships? At IMS you will be dealing directly with the business owner; Selwyn Parker.
- Retired or working and looking for personalised financial guidance
- Inherited money and wish to make smart choices with your inheritance
- Sold a business and wish to invest the proceeds prudently
- Realised that you can not eat a house and are considering selling your rental or beach property to provide both liquidity and a regular income
- Won lotto or qualified to cash up your KiwiSaver and need financial planning advice
- Needing help planning for security in your retirement
- Wanting to simplify the administration and management of your investment
As a guide, our personal investment service is suited to those who have repaid their mortgage and either have $400,000 or more to invest; or have $100,000 to invest and serious surplus cash flow to invest at regular intervals.